The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 11 April 2022 – Provided As Predicted
TOPIC: Provided As Predicted
READ: Luke 22:1-23 (NKJV)
- Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread drew near, which is called Passover.
- And the chief priests and the scribes sought how they might kill Him, for they feared the people.
- Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the twelve.
- So he went his way and conferred with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray Him to them.
- And they were glad, and agreed to give him money.
- So he promised and sought opportunity to betray Him to them in the absence of the multitude.
- Then came the Day of Unleavened Bread, when the Passover must be killed.
- And He sent Peter and John, saying, “Go and prepare the Passover for us, that we may eat.”
- So they said to Him, “Where do You want us to prepare?”
- And He said to them, “Behold, when you have entered the city, a man will meet you carrying a pitcher of water; follow him into the house which he enters.
- “Then you shall say to the master of the house, ‘The Teacher says to you, “Where is the guest room where I may eat the Passover with My disciples?” ‘
- “Then he will show you a large, furnished upper room; there make ready.”
- So they went and found it just as He had said to them, and they prepared the Passover.
- When the hour had come, He sat down, and the twelve apostles with Him.
- Then He said to them, “With [fervent] desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer;
- “for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.”
- Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, “Take this and divide [it] among yourselves;
- “for I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.”
- And He took bread, gave thanks and broke [it,] and gave [it] to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”
- Likewise He also [took] the cup after supper, saying, “This cup [is] the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.
- “But behold, the hand of My betrayer [is] with Me on the table.
- “And truly the Son of Man goes as it has been determined, but woe to that man by whom He is betrayed!”
- Then they began to question among themselves, which of them it was who would do this thing.
Jesus was to hold the Passover with His disciples before His crucifixion, so He directed Peter and John to “…go and prepare us the Passover, that we may eat”
The two disciples asked Jesus a logical question; “…where will thou that we prepare” the Passover? Then Jesus gave them the guideposts for the urgent need of a venue for the Passover. From the story above, we see that if we are committed to the will of God and the purpose of the “Passover”, He will certainly provide all things necessary for the feast.
Are you faced with a need or challenge? Involve Jesus! Ask Him where He wills that you prepare the ‘Passover’; then you will see that once your need becomes an agenda before the table of heaven, whatever that need is, it shall be provided as predicted by Jesus.
PRAYER: Lord, give me the direction and discernment to fulfil Your purpose for my life, Amen!.