The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 16 April 2022 – Believe The Scripture
TOPIC: Believe The Scripture
READ: John 2:18-22 (NKJV)
- So the Jews answered and said to Him, “What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?”
- Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
- Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”
- But He was speaking of the temple of His body.
- Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.
Doubts and arguments are strong tools in the hands of Satan to stop any man from believing and exploring the truths of God’s words. The Jewish authorities demanded that Jesus should perform a miracle to prove His legitimacy to do what He did in the temple and His ‘claim’ that the temple was His father’s house.
Jesus quickly presented to them the salvation plan – His death and resurrection as a sign, but they misunderstood Him, expecting a physical sign. We do not need to see miracles before we believe God’s words as recorded in the scripture. Just believe the invisible by faith and you will be amazed how the invisible controls everything we see around us.
PRAYER: Lord Jesus, Your word is forever settled in heaven; help me to hold You by Your word in every situation of my life. Amen.