The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 16 May 2022 ~ Be Thankful
TOPIC: Be Thankful
READ: Psalm 100 (NKJV)
- A Psalm of Thanksgiving. Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
- Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before His presence with singing.
- Know that the LORD, He [is] God; [It is] He [who] has made us, and not we ourselves; [We are] His people and the sheep of His pasture.
- Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, [And] into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, [and] bless His name.
- For the LORD [is] good; His mercy [is] everlasting, And His truth [endures] to all generations.
This is a Psalm of thanksgiving. People are told to give the Lord a joyful shout and to come before Him with singing. Men should know that they were created by God and that they belong to him. We should enter His gates with thanksgiving and enter His courts with praises. We should be thankful and bless His name because He is good, His mercy is everlasting and His truth is enduring for all generations. The Psalmist has a thankful disposition to God and so should we.
It is becoming increasingly difficult to find thankful people. Rather we find unthankful people everywhere: At home, school, the work place, in the market and even the Church. This ought not to be so. It is good to give thanks for favours we receive from God or man. Children should be thankful to their parents and teachers. Workers should be thankful to their employers and servants to their masters.
Christians should thank God always for His great benefits and they should be thankful (Colossians 3:15) and to thank God for fellow Christians (2 Thessalonians 2:13).
Do you thank God for your life, family, work, business, study, career and ministry? Adopt an attitude of coming before God with a thankful heart.
PRAYER: My Father, my Father, please grant me a thankful heart that sings to Your praise. Amen.