Anglican Devotional 18 April 2022 – While The King Sitteth At His Table…
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 18 April 2022 – While The King Sitteth At His Table…
TOPIC: While The King Sitteth At His Table…
READ: Songs Of Solomon 1: 9-2:7 (NKJV)
- I have compared you, my love, To my filly among Pharaoh’s chariots.
- Your cheeks are lovely with ornaments, Your neck with chains [of gold.] THE DAUGHTERS OF JERUSALEM
- We will make you ornaments of gold With studs of silver. THE SHULAMITE
- While the king [is] at his table, My spikenard sends forth its fragrance.
- A bundle of myrrh [is] my beloved to me, That lies all night between my breasts.
- My beloved [is] to me a cluster of henna [blooms] In the vineyards of En Gedi. THE BELOVED
- Behold, you [are] fair, my love! Behold, you [are] fair! You [have] dove’s eyes. THE SHULAMITE
- Behold, you [are] handsome, my beloved! Yes, pleasant! Also our bed [is] green.
- The beams of our houses [are] cedar, [And] our rafters of fir.
2:1. I [am] the rose of Sharon, [And] the lily of the valleys. THE BELOVED
- Like a lily among thorns, So is my love among the daughters. THE SHULAMITE
- Like an apple tree among the trees of the woods, So [is] my beloved among the sons. I sat down in his shade with great delight, And his fruit [was] sweet to my taste. THE SHULAMITE TO THE DAUGHTERS OF JERUSALEM
- He brought me to the banqueting house, And his banner over me [was] love.
- Sustain me with cakes of raisins, Refresh me with apples, For I [am] lovesick.
- His left hand [is] under my head, And his right hand embraces me.
- I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, By the gazelles or by the does of the field, Do not stir up nor awaken love Until it pleases. THE SHULAMITE
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
This is a song of expression of mutual love and intimacy two lovers share. This kind of intimacy can only come as a result of quality time spent together. In the process of spending quality time together, the couple could see only the alluring qualities they possessed. As believers, the above is not different from the type of experience we should have on an individual basis, with Christ. Christ as the groom yearns for such an intimate fellowship with us – the bride. He does not fail to caress anyone that goes into the secret place, away from the glare and distraction of the world. It is expected that as we come to meet our king at the table (verse 12), our perfume should fill the place with fragrance.
The fragrance of righteousness, holiness, love, joy and peace bring us into a warm embrace with the lover of our soul.
PRAYER: Thank You Lord for the love You have for me. Help me to love You day by day, Thou Lover of my soul.