The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 19 May 2022 ~ I Will Praise The Lord
TOPIC: I Will Praise The Lord
READ: Psalm 138 (NKJV)
- [A Psalm] of David. I will praise You with my whole heart; Before the gods I will sing praises to You.
- I will worship toward Your holy temple, And praise Your name For Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.
- In the day when I cried out, You answered me, [And] made me bold [with] strength in my soul.
- All the kings of the earth shall praise You, O LORD, When they hear the words of Your mouth.
- Yes, they shall sing of the ways of the LORD, For great [is] the glory of the LORD.
- Though the LORD [is] on high, Yet He regards the lowly; But the proud He knows from afar.
- Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand Against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me.
- The LORD will perfect [that which] concerns me; Your mercy, O LORD, [endures] forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.
Praising God should be done wholeheartedly. Some of the reasons given why God should be praised include: For His lovingkindness and for truth, for answered prayers and for strengthening the soul. All kings of the earth should praise God and sing of His ways. God regards the humble but rejects the proud.
The Psalmist is confident that God will revive him, fight and save him from his enemies and perfect what concerns him. He pleads that God should not forsake him. It is incumbent on the child of God to praise Him for all the good things and for the many blessings that He gives. God should also be praised because He answers prayers and strengthens the soul. Why should you not praise the Lord when kings sing praises to Him. Has God blessed you with a good voice? Then you should serve Him with your voice in the Church choir or in the gospel band. When you praise or sing unto God, do so with a Spirit of humility for God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble (1 Peter 5:5). Develop an attitude of praising God always. I will praise the Lord today. Will you?
PRAYER: Help me my God to always sing praises to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.