The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 20 May 2022 ~ Let All Creation Praise The Lord!
TOPIC: Let All Creation Praise The Lord!
READ: PSALM 148 (NKJV)
- Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD from the heavens; Praise Him in the heights!
- Praise Him, all His angels; Praise Him, all His hosts!
- Praise Him, sun and moon; Praise Him, all you stars of light!
- Praise Him, you heavens of heavens, And you waters above the heavens!
- Let them praise the name of the LORD, For He commanded and they were created.
- He also established them forever and ever; He made a decree which shall not pass away.
- Praise the LORD from the earth, You great sea creatures and all the depths;
- Fire and hail, snow and clouds; Stormy wind, fulfilling His word;
- Mountains and all hills; Fruitful trees and all cedars;
- Beasts and all cattle; Creeping things and flying fowl;
- Kings of the earth and all peoples; Princes and all judges of the earth;
- Both young men and maidens; Old men and children.
- Let them praise the name of the LORD, For His name alone is exalted; His glory [is] above the earth and heaven.
- And He has exalted the horn of His people, The praise of all His saints ~ Of the children of Israel, A people near to Him. Praise the LORD!
The Psalmist enjoins those in the Heavens to praise the Lord. They include His angels, His hosts, the sun and the moon, rain and the stars. God’s creations on the earth are also admonished to praise the Lord. These include sea creatures, fire and hail, snow and clouds, mountains and hills, trees, beasts and cattle. Humans such as kings, princes, judges, young men and girls, old men and children are not left out. They should praise the Lord because of His exalted name and great glory. The Almighty God is so great that there should be resounding praises from both the heavens and the earth. The Scriptures tell us that praising God is an activity that goes on in Heaven all the time. For instance, the four living creatures praise God, day and night (Revelation 4:8) and the twenty-four elders worship and praise Him forever (Revelation 4:10-11).
Praising God should not be any different here on earth. Let us make it a duty to praise God always in our homes during family devotions and during our Church services. You can also praise God anywhere, anytime and anyhow. All living things should praise the Lord.
PRAYER: Father, may everything that has life praise Your holy name in Jesus’ name. Amen.