The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 21 May 2022 ~ Sing Praises To Our King
TOPIC: Sing Praises To Our King
READ: Psalm 47 (NKJV)
- To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of the sons of Korah. Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with the voice of triumph!
- For the LORD Most High [is] awesome; [He is] a great King over all the earth.
- He will subdue the peoples under us, And the nations under our feet.
- He will choose our inheritance for us, The excellence of Jacob whom He loves. Selah
- God has gone up with a shout, The LORD with the sound of a trumpet.
- Sing praises to God, sing praises! Sing praises to our King, sing praises!
- For God [is] the King of all the earth; Sing praises with understanding.
- God reigns over the nations; God sits on His holy throne.
- The princes of the people have gathered together, The people of the God of Abraham. For the shields of the earth [belong] to God; He is greatly exalted.
The Lord Most high God is an awesome God and He deserves our praises. He is a great king over all the earth and should be respected and adored. The Psalmist advocates that we can sing praises to God by clapping our hands, by shouting with a voice of triumph and by singing praises with understanding. When praises are rendered to God, He subdues nations under our feet and chooses our inheritance for us.
Praises should continually go to God because He is greatly exalted. Kings of the earth love to be praised. Of a truth, the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords ought to be praised by all men and all created beings. When we sing praises to the Almighty God, we show our love for Him and how thankful we are for the great benefits that we receive from Him.
Singing praises to our King should be a way of life to the children of God. When we remember the price that Christ paid on the cross for our redemption, we need to praise the Him. Do you make out time to praise God or are you only interested in His blessings? Turn today and return to the Lord, singing songs of praise. Will you?
PRAYER: May I live a life of praising my King always in Jesus’ name. Amen.