The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 31 May 2022 ~ Two Blessed Women
TOPIC: Two Blessed Women
READ: Luke 1:39-49 (NKJV)
- Now Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste, to a city of Judah,
- and entered the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth.
- And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
- Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, “Blessed [are] you among women, and blessed [is] the fruit of your womb!
- “But why [is] this [granted] to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
- “For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
- “Blessed [is] she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord.”
- And Mary said: “My soul magnifies the Lord,
- And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
- For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant; For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed.
- For He who is mighty has done great things for me, And holy [is] His name.
When Mary greeted Elizabeth during her (Mary’s) unannounced visit to Elizabeth, the baby in Elizabeth’s womb leaped for joy and she was filled with the Holy Spirit. Elizabeth began to prophesy blessings on Mary and on the baby in her womb. She also told her that there would be a fulfilment of what had been told her from the Lord. Thereafter, Mary began to magnify God and rejoice in God’s blessings in her life. Elizabeth was a barren woman but God changed her story and she was blessed with a pregnancy. Mary was a virgin whom God chose to be the mother of Jesus which was a great blessing.
The blessings of both women became manifest during the visit of Mary to Elizabeth. Women are supposed to bring favour or blessings to their families. Is your wife a blessing to your home? Mothers and wives should be blessings in their homes but some are not. If you are not a source of blessing to your husband and children, please cry unto God for help. Begin today to bless your husband and your children.
PRAYER: Dear God, make me a blessing to my family, friends and Church in Jesus’ name. Amen.