Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 14 September 2022 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Lesson From The Life Of Jonathan
TOPIC: Lesson From The Life Of Jonathan (Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministries, MFM Devotional 14 September 2022)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Isaiah 33, Isaiah 34, Isaiah 35, Galatians 1, Psalm 107:10-22
FIRE SCRIPTURE: 1 Samuel 14:1-23 (KJV)
1 Now it came to pass upon a day, that Jonathan the son of Saul said unto the young man that bare his armour, Come, and let us go over to the Philistines’ garrison, that is on the other side. But he told not his father.
2 And Saul tarried in the uttermost part of Gibeah under a pomegranate tree which is in Migron: and the people that were with him were about six hundred men;
3 And Ahiah, the son of Ahitub, Ichabod’s brother, the son of Phinehas, the son of Eli, the Lord’s priest in Shiloh, wearing an ephod. And the people knew not that Jonathan was gone.
4 And between the passages, by which Jonathan sought to go over unto the Philistines’ garrison, there was a sharp rock on the one side, and a sharp rock on the other side: and the name of the one was Bozez, and the name of the other Seneh.
5 The forefront of the one was situate northward over against Michmash, and the other southward over against Gibeah.
6 And Jonathan said to the young man that bare his armour, Come, and let us go over unto the garrison of these uncircumcised: it may be that the Lord will work for us: for there is no restraint to the Lord to save by many or by few.
7 And his armourbearer said unto him, Do all that is in thine heart: turn thee; behold, I am with thee according to thy heart.
8 Then said Jonathan, Behold, we will pass over unto these men, and we will discover ourselves unto them.
9 If they say thus unto us, Tarry until we come to you; then we will stand still in our place, and will not go up unto them.
10 But if they say thus, Come up unto us; then we will go up: for the Lord hath delivered them into our hand: and this shall be a sign unto us.
11 And both of them discovered themselves unto the garrison of the Philistines: and the Philistines said, Behold, the Hebrews come forth out of the holes where they had hid themselves.
12 And the men of the garrison answered Jonathan and his armourbearer, and said, Come up to us, and we will shew you a thing. And Jonathan said unto his armourbearer, Come up after me: for the Lord hath delivered them into the hand of Israel.
13 And Jonathan climbed up upon his hands and upon his feet, and his armourbearer after him: and they fell before Jonathan; and his armourbearer slew after him.
14 And that first slaughter, which Jonathan and his armourbearer made, was about twenty men, within as it were an half acre of land, which a yoke of oxen might plow.
15 And there was trembling in the host, in the field, and among all the people: the garrison, and the spoilers, they also trembled, and the earth quaked: so it was a very great trembling.
16 And the watchmen of Saul in Gibeah of Benjamin looked; and, behold, the multitude melted away, and they went on beating down one another.
17 Then said Saul unto the people that were with him, Number now, and see who is gone from us. And when they had numbered, behold, Jonathan and his armourbearer were not there.
18 And Saul said unto Ahiah, Bring hither the ark of God. For the ark of God was at that time with the children of Israel.
19 And it came to pass, while Saul talked unto the priest, that the noise that was in the host of the Philistines went on and increased: and Saul said unto the priest, Withdraw thine hand.
20 And Saul and all the people that were with him assembled themselves, and they came to the battle: and, behold, every man’s sword was against his fellow, and there was a very great discomfiture.
21 Moreover the Hebrews that were with the Philistines before that time, which went up with them into the camp from the country round about, even they also turned to be with the Israelites that were with Saul and Jonathan.
22 Likewise all the men of Israel which had hid themselves in mount Ephraim, when they heard that the Philistines fled, even they also followed hard after them in the battle.
23 So the Lord saved Israel that day: and the battle passed over unto Bethaven.
MEMORY VERSE: “And Jonathan said to the young man that bare his armour, Come, and let us go over unto the garrison of these uncircumcised: it may be that the Lord will work for us: for there is no restraint to the Lord to save by many or by few.” – 1 Samuel 14:6
The love of God for you is unconditional.
PRAISE AND WORSHIP:
Take praise and worship songs as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
YOUR DESTINY HELPER SHALL ARISE AND LOCATE YOU TODAY, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
MFM Devotional For Today 2022 MESSAGE:
Jonathan was the eldest son of King Saul. He was supposed to be the rightful heir to the throne of Israel after the death of his father Saul. But the fact that God brought another man to ascend the throne instead of him was acceptable to him. He was a man of great courage, fidelity and unselfishness. He was a man with heroic faith. Consider his statement in 1 Samuel 14:6.
Jonathan was a faithful and loyal friend to David, his friend. Loyalty is one of life’s most costly qualities found in friends. It is the most selfless part of love. To be loyal is not to love for yourself only but to stand by your commitment and willingness to suffer for it. Jonathan was a shining example of loyalty. Sometimes, he was faced with choosing between his father, Saul, and his friend David, who was a servant to his father. However, Jonathan allowed truth to guide him. He knew that his father sought to kill David unjustly and he stood by David and helped him to escape from his father.
The Bible, which is the word of truth, had nothing negative to say about Jonathan. He was a perfect example of a good and godly friend. Beloved, are you a true friend or a backbiter? Are you a jealous person or a hypocrite who would laugh before your friend but try to pull him down behind his back? Can the Bible testify about you like Jonathan that you are a courageous, loyal and faithful friend?
Jonathan was ready to take a second place without jealousy or envy and still maintain his love and loyalty for David. No wonder when David looked back and remembered the friendship of Jonathan, he wept and made a lamentation recorded in 2 Samuel 1:26.
Beloved, are you such a friend as Jonathan? If you were in the position of Jonathan, would you have helped David to escape or would have joined forces with Saul to kill him? Think about it?
- O Lord, raise a voice for me as You did for David, in the name of Jesus.
- Every unfriendly friend looking for my downfall, be disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, just as You raised Jonathan to be a destiny helper for David, arise in Your mercy and raise a destiny helper for me, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers seeking my life for destruction, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Evil conspiracy against my moving forward, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, baptise me with unfeigned love for my neighbours, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, baptise me with the seven perfect spirits recorded in Isaiah 11:2, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM 2022 SEVENTY DAYS PRAYER & FASTING PROGRAMME – 14 September 2022
PRAYER BATTLE (3)
SECTION 4: O GOD, BE MY NAIL IN THE SURE PLACE
SCRIPTURE READING: Acts 2
CONFESSION: Ecclesiastes 3:14: I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
DAY 8: (Wednesday, September 14, 2022)
BREAK BY 2PM [Local Time]
THE BIBLE IN 70 DAYS
Day 38: Proverbs 2:17 – 17:20
PRAISE AND WORSHIP
PRAYER OF PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING (To be said daily)
- O God, fight for me and let the world know that I have a God, in the name of Jesus.
- You, troubler of my life, the butcher from heaven will kill you without mercy, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers fixing a date to terminate me, sword of God, kill them suddenly, in the name of Jesus.
- Battles joking with my life, lose your power over me, in Jesus’ name.
- O God, intervene against powers tormenting me, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, intervene against witchcraft powers making me to lose my peace, in the name of Jesus.
- The garment making my helpers to run away from me, fire of God, burn it now, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, fight for me before it is too late, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, use Your sword to destroy powers making me weep secretly and openly, in the name of Jesus.
- Wicked mothers that transform into masquerades to torment me day and night, die suddenly, in the name of Jesus.
- I release myself from the power of every evil throne, in Jesus’ name.
- Every evil verdict from my enemies, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every oppressive throne of darkness, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
- Every Goliath of my destiny, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil foundation built against me, collapse, in the name of Jesus.
- Fire of God, burn every evil throne to ashes now, in the name of Jesus.
- The power that destroyed the throne of Babylon, destroy all evil thrones working against me, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, let Your power arise in anger and overthrow my enemies, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, put Your power into my name to make me great, in Jesus’ name.
- Breath of God, arise and promote me above my enemies, in the name of Jesus.
- The breakthrough that will elevate me above my enemies, locate me now, in the name of Jesus.
- My prosperity, cause an incurable stroke to the bones of my unrepentant enemies, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, give me a wonderful change that will frustrate my enemies, in the name of Jesus.
- All my enemies, receive multiple confusion, in the name of Jesus.
- I fire the arrows of death into the camp of my unrepentant enemies, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, arise and overthrow all my stubborn enemies, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, convert the strength of all my enemies to weakness, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, deliver me from known and unknown enemies, in the name of Jesus.
PRAYER OF PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING (TO BE SAID DAILY)
Father in the name of Jesus, I thank You for:
- Drawing me to prayer and power,
- The salvation of my soul,
- Baptizing me with the Holy Spirit,
- Producing spiritual gifts upon my life,
- The fruits of the spirit working in me,
- The wonderful gift of praise,
- All the ways You have intervened in my affairs,
- Your divine plan for my life,
- You will never leave me nor forsake me,
- Bringing me to a place of maturity and deeper life,
- Lifting me up when I fall,
- Keeping me in perfect peace,
- Making all things work together for good for me,
- Protecting me from the snares of the fowler and from the noisome pestilence,
- The wonder-working power in Your Word and in the Blood of the Lamb,
- Giving Your angels charge over me,
- Fighting for me against my adversaries,
- Making me more than a conqueror,
- Supplying all my needs according to Your riches in glory,
- Your healing power upon my body, soul and spirit,
- Flooding my heart with the light of heaven,
- Always causing me to triumph in Christ Jesus,
- Turning my curses into blessings,
- Enabling me to dwell in safety,
- All the blessings of life,
- Your greatness, power, glory, majesty, splendor and righteousness,
- Silencing the foe and the avenger,
- You are at my right hand and I shall not be moved,
- You are trustworthy and will help Your own,
- Not allowing my enemies to rejoice over me,
- Your wonderful love,
- You are great and greatly to be praised,
- Delivering my soul from death and my feet from stumbling,
- You are my fortress and refuge in time of trouble,
- Your faithfulness and marvellous deeds,
- Your act of power and surpassing greatness,
- Dispersing spiritual blindness from my spirit,
- Lifting me out of the depths,
- Preserving me and keeping my feet from slipping,
- Your name is a strong tower, the righteous runs into it and he is safe.
2022 SEVENTY DAYS PRAYER & FASTING PROGRAMME is published by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries Worldwide)
NGDevotionals Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, +234 (803) 078-0919 OR +234 (817) 363-1657.