Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 16 June 2022 By Dr. D.K Olukoya ~ Being Your Brother’s Keeper
TOPIC: Being Your Brother’s Keeper (Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministries, MFM Devotional 16 June 2022)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Kings 1, 1 Kings 2:1-12, Acts 10:23-48, Acts 11:1-18, Psalm 74:10-17
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Matthew 25:34-46 (KJV)
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
MEMORY VERSE: “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” – Galatians 6:9
Love one another as Jesus loves you and try to show kindness in all that you do.
PRAISE AND WORSHIP:
Take praise and worship songs as led by the Holy Spirit.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
AS YOU MAKE YOURSELF A WILLING TOOL AND VESSEL OF HONOUR TO GOD, THE HOST OF HEAVEN SHALL DAILY ATTEND TO YOUR NEEDS, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
MFM Devotional For Today MESSAGE:
The term “brother’s keeper” first came up in the book of Genesis, the book of beginnings. That was when God asked Cain of Abel’s whereabout. He retorted and asked God, “Am I my brother’s keeper?” (Genesis 4:9).
In Matthew 25:34-46, Jesus, speaking a parable, talked of a king who rewarded and punished two groups of people for caring for their brethren and also not caring for their brethren respectively. We see from the Scripture that Jesus said, “Whatsoever you do to the least of my brethren you have done it to me.” This statement goes to tell us that being our brother’s keeper is a direct way of showing love to God! Cain was punished, not just because he was disrespectful to God, but because he indirectly told God, “Why should I love You?” Do we see how important this aspect of caring for others is? It runs deep!
When can we care for our brethren? Matthew 25:35-46 shows us a guide: in hunger, in thirst, in hospitality, in nakedness, in sickness, in imprisonment. These could be taken on a very deep note spiritually but let us restrict it to the literal terms. In these harsh times, we ought to show care and love, knowing full well, it is unto God! Hebrews 13:2 says something profound, “Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.” Let us briefly look at this deeply.
Angels are usually on assignment from God. If you receive a messenger well, you have received the one who sent him well indirectly. An honour to a messenger is an honour to the master behind him. So, when we are warned not to forget to entertain strangers, we are encouraged to remember that some have entertained angels unawares and directly received God!
We have been able to establish that caring for the brethren is paramount to caring and showing love for God. Therefore, let us all with a joyful heart, learn to care for the brethren and thereby show unrestricted care and love for God.
- Holy Spirit, empower me to be able to do what is divinely required of me, in the Name of Jesus.
- Anointing to be obedient to divine instructions, fall upon me, in the Name of Jesus.
- I receive the power to do what pleases God, in the Name of Jesus.
- The ability to love unconditionally, possess me, in the Name of Jesus.
- I receive faith and peace in my spirit to stand against the fiery darts of the enemy, in the Name of Jesus.
- I receive the blessing without measure to enable me to bless others, in the Name of Jesus.
- I shall not miss my day of divine visitation, in the Name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
SINGLES – PRAY YOUR WAY INTO MARITAL BREAKTHROUGH 2022
A 21-day personal prayer and fasting programme to bring change for singles – Dr & Pst (Mrs) D.K. Olukoya
SECTION 2: Victory At Last
SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 5
MEMORY VERSE: Galatian 3:13-14
PRAYERS FOR MORNING SECTION
DAY 12 of 21 (16/06/22)
Break by 2pm
- I forsake any personal sin that has given ground to the enemy in the name of Jesus.
- I apply the power in the name of Jesus to my marital situation in the name of Jesus.
- I apply the blood of Jesus to remove all the consequences of evil operations and oppression in the name of Jesus.
- I break the binding effect of anything evil ever put upon me from any source in the name of Jesus.
- Let all the enemies of Jesus Christ operating against my life be exposed in the name of Jesus.
- I sever myself from any satanic linkage and any satanic power in the name of Jesus.
- I remove the right of the enemy to afflict my plan to get married in the name of Jesus.
- I break every bondage of inherited marital confusion in the name of Jesus.
- I bind and plunder the goods of any strongman attached to my marriage in the name of Jesus.
- Let the angels of the living God roll away the stone blocking my breakthrough in the name of Jesus.
12:00 – 12:15am
- I remove my name from the book of seers of goodness without appropriation in the name of Jesus.
- Let God arise and let all the enemies of my marital breakthrough be scattered in the name of Jesus.
- Let the fire of God melt away the stones hindering my marital blessings in my mighty name of Jesus.
- Let the cloud blocking the sunlight of my marital glory and breakthrough be Dispensed in my mighty name of Jesus.
- Let all evil spirits masquerading to trouble my marital life be bound in my mighty name of Jesus.
- Lord, let wonderful changes begin to be my lot this week in my mighty name of Jesus.
- I receive the right match in the name of Jesus.
- I stand against every spirit of discouragement, fear, worry and frustration in my mighty name of Jesus.
- Lord, turn away all that would jilt, disappoint or fail me in my mighty name of Jesus.
- Every evil pit cooking my affairs be destroyed in my mighty name of Jesus.
Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234 (803) 078-0919 OR +234 (817) 363-1657.