Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 9 September 2022 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Lessons From The Life Of Ruth (I)
TOPIC: Lessons From The Life Of Ruth (I) (Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministries, MFM Devotional 9 September 2022)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Isaiah 20, Isaiah 21, Isaiah 22, Isaiah 23, 2 Corinthians 11:1-15, Proverbs 22:7-16
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Ruth 1:1-17 (KJV)
1 Now it came to pass in the days when the judges ruled, that there was a famine in the land. And a certain man of Bethlehemjudah went to sojourn in the country of Moab, he, and his wife, and his two sons.
2 And the name of the man was Elimelech, and the name of his wife Naomi, and the name of his two sons Mahlon and Chilion, Ephrathites of Bethlehemjudah. And they came into the country of Moab, and continued there.
3 And Elimelech Naomi’s husband died; and she was left, and her two sons.
4 And they took them wives of the women of Moab; the name of the one was Orpah, and the name of the other Ruth: and they dwelled there about ten years.
5 And Mahlon and Chilion died also both of them; and the woman was left of her two sons and her husband.
6 Then she arose with her daughters in law, that she might return from the country of Moab: for she had heard in the country of Moab how that the Lord had visited his people in giving them bread.
7 Wherefore she went forth out of the place where she was, and her two daughters in law with her; and they went on the way to return unto the land of Judah.
8 And Naomi said unto her two daughters in law, Go, return each to her mother’s house: the Lord deal kindly with you, as ye have dealt with the dead, and with me.
9 The Lord grant you that ye may find rest, each of you in the house of her husband. Then she kissed them; and they lifted up their voice, and wept.
10 And they said unto her, Surely we will return with thee unto thy people.
11 And Naomi said, Turn again, my daughters: why will ye go with me? are there yet any more sons in my womb, that they may be your husbands?
12 Turn again, my daughters, go your way; for I am too old to have an husband. If I should say, I have hope, if I should have an husband also to night, and should also bear sons;
13 Would ye tarry for them till they were grown? would ye stay for them from having husbands? nay, my daughters; for it grieveth me much for your sakes that the hand of the Lord is gone out against me.
14 And they lifted up their voice, and wept again: and Orpah kissed her mother in law; but Ruth clave unto her.
15 And she said, Behold, thy sister in law is gone back unto her people, and unto her gods: return thou after thy sister in law.
16 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:
17 Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.
MEMORY VERSE: “And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:” – Ruth 1:16
Your blessings lie beyond your fears.
PRAISE AND WORSHIP:
Take praise and worship songs as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
GOD WILL REMEMBER YOU TODAY AT THE VERY POINT OF YOUR NEED, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
MFM Devotional For Today 2022 MESSAGE:
Our Fire Scripture today is about the story of a woman called Ruth. She was a Moabite married to one of the sons of Naomi.
Naomi, with her husband and their two sons, went to the land of Moab in search of food because of the famine that broke out in Bethlehem. After a period of time in Moab, she lost her husband and two sons and was left destitute. So, she decided to return to Bethlehem and told her two daughters-in-law to stay in their land to find new husbands for themselves. Orpah consented and stayed back but Ruth refused and vowed to follow her wherever she went. Naomi tried to dissuade her from going with her to Bethlehem but she refused and preferred to stay with her regardless of what the challenges might be in a foreign land. She refused to look back. Her resolution is aptly captured in the words of our Lord Jesus Christ in Luke 9:62 that says, “Anyone who puts his hand on the plough and looks back is not fit for the kingdom.”
Orpah went back to her idolatry but Ruth moved on to become an ancestor of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ruth did not only renounce her heathen past but embraced her new future with a firm faith in the God of Israel. In Ruth 1:16, she said, “Thy God will be my God.” She had a deep affection for her mother-in-law and above all an overriding commitment to the God of Israel.
Ruth had no difficulty in finding a task to gainfully occupy her attention. She decided on a certain field, not by chance but under the controlling providence of God. There she met with Boaz –a relative of her late father-in-law, who later redeemed her.
Beloved, trust in the Lord with your heart and you will experience His awesome power. How wonderful is it to know that God is working for your highest good even when you are not conscious of it. Ruth was a destitute widow who risked her honour at the threshing floor of Boaz but at the end, she became the wife of Boaz. This is a good example of how we must trust God.
- I refuse to agree that my situation is impossible, in the name of Jesus.
- I declare today that all my past defeats shall be converted to victory, in the name of Jesus.
- I reclaim all the ground that I have lost to the enemy, in the name of Jesus.
- I separate myself from satan and any strange power, in the name of Jesus.
- I bind every evil spirit that oppresses me, in the name of Jesus.
- I apply the power in the name and blood of Jesus to my situation now, in the name.
- I forsake all personal sins that have given ground to the enemy in my life, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM 2022 SEVENTY DAYS PRAYER & FASTING PROGRAMME – 9 September 2022
PRAYER BATTLE (3)
SECTION 4: O GOD, BE MY NAIL IN THE SURE PLACE
SCRIPTURE READING: Acts 2
CONFESSION: Ecclesiastes 3:14: I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
DAY 3: (Friday, September 09, 2022)
BREAK BY 5PM [Local Time]
THE BIBLE IN 70 DAYS
Day 33: Psalm 22:26 – 50:5
PRAISE AND WORSHIP
PRAYER OF PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING (To be said daily)
PRAYERS FOR THE NATION (To be said on Fridays)
- I shall eat and be satisfied amid a drought, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, overturn the gods of our nation and open new doors of progress for us, in the name of Jesus.
- From all the seaports in this country, blessings shall look for me, in the name of Jesus.
- I command wealth from the dust for my life, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, set this country free from the pit satanically assigned to swallow her, in the name of Jesus.
- I sanctify myself to be a beneficiary of the good things that are to come, in the name of Jesus.
- What I lost through human beings shall be restored to me by human beings, in the name of Jesus.
- My God, I receive the power to arise, shine and excel in this dispensation, that I may restore glory to Your altar, in Jesus’ name.
- O Lord, clothe me with the Spirit to take charge of this dispensation, in the name of Jesus.
- The yoke of the serpent, break off my neck, in the name of Jesus.
- I shall not be hijacked as an instrument of the devil, in Jesus’ name.
- O God, make me the model of Your anointed that shall not fail my generation, in the name of Jesus.
- The purifying fire of God, come upon my life and begin to burn to ashes the chemistry of the oppression of satan, in the name of Jesus.
- Satan shall not defeat my brain and flesh, in the name of Jesus.
- I am a rising star, in the name of Jesus.
- Henceforth, I shall not be the instrument for satan’s dirty operations, in the name of Jesus.
- My eyes, begin to see the mystery that was hidden from the beginning, in the name of Jesus.
- Every storm that is fierce against me, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- Hidden powers abusing my destiny, Lion of the tribe of Judah, consume them, in the name of Jesus.
- Every fear slowing down my life, jump out of my life, in Jesus’ name.
- O Lord, make me a mystery that would be feared, in the name of Jesus.
- The fear of things that made me a slave to worldly and lustful things, leave my life, in the name of Jesus.
- My vision shall not be blurred by vision diverters, in the name of Jesus.
- Every conscious or unconscious reconciliation I am making with destroyers of vision, I reverse it, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the anointing to shake away all that are imperfect from my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I release the power of the Seraphim to pull out and destroy the powers that I cannot control, which are controlling my life, in Jesus’ name.
- I receive the covering that no demon can take captive of, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the power to unlock the dungeon, in the name of Jesus.
PRAYER OF PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING (TO BE SAID DAILY)
Father in the name of Jesus, I thank You for:
- Drawing me to prayer and power,
- The salvation of my soul,
- Baptizing me with the Holy Spirit,
- Producing spiritual gifts upon my life,
- The fruits of the spirit working in me,
- The wonderful gift of praise,
- All the ways You have intervened in my affairs,
- Your divine plan for my life,
- You will never leave me nor forsake me,
- Bringing me to a place of maturity and deeper life,
- Lifting me up when I fall,
- Keeping me in perfect peace,
- Making all things work together for good for me,
- Protecting me from the snares of the fowler and from the noisome pestilence,
- The wonder-working power in Your Word and in the Blood of the Lamb,
- Giving Your angels charge over me,
- Fighting for me against my adversaries,
- Making me more than a conqueror,
- Supplying all my needs according to Your riches in glory,
- Your healing power upon my body, soul and spirit,
- Flooding my heart with the light of heaven,
- Always causing me to triumph in Christ Jesus,
- Turning my curses into blessings,
- Enabling me to dwell in safety,
- All the blessings of life,
- Your greatness, power, glory, majesty, splendor and righteousness,
- Silencing the foe and the avenger,
- You are at my right hand and I shall not be moved,
- You are trustworthy and will help Your own,
- Not allowing my enemies to rejoice over me,
- Your wonderful love,
- You are great and greatly to be praised,
- Delivering my soul from death and my feet from stumbling,
- You are my fortress and refuge in time of trouble,
- Your faithfulness and marvellous deeds,
- Your act of power and surpassing greatness,
- Dispersing spiritual blindness from my spirit,
- Lifting me out of the depths,
- Preserving me and keeping my feet from slipping,
- Your name is a strong tower, the righteous runs into it and he is safe.
PRAYERS FOR THE NATION (TO BE SAID ON FRIDAYS)
SCRIPTURES: 1 Timothy 2:1-2: I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
Jeremiah 1:10: See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.
Other Scriptures: Isaiah 61:1-6; Ephesians 6:10-16
- Father, in the name of Jesus, I confess all the sins and iniquities of the land, of our ancestors, of our leaders, and of the people. E.g., violence, rejection of God, corruption, idolatry, robbery, suspicion, injustice, bitterness, bloody riots, pogroms, rebellion, conspiracy, shedding of innocent blood, tribal conflicts, child-kidnapping and murder, occultism, mismanagement, negligence, etc.
- I plead for mercy and forgiveness, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, remember our land and redeem it.
- O Lord, save our land from destruction and judgement.
- O Lord, let Your healing power begin to operate upon our land, in Jesus’ name.
- All forces of darkness hindering the move of God in this nation, be rendered impotent, in the name of Jesus.
- I command the spiritual strongman in charge of this country to be bound and be disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil establishment and satanic tree in this country, be uprooted and cast into fire, in the name of Jesus.
- I come against every spirit of the anti-Christ working against this nation and I command them to be permanently frustrated, in the name of Jesus.
- I command the stones of fire from God to fall upon every national satanic operation and activity, in Jesus’ name.
- O Lord, let the desires, plans, devices and expectations of the enemy for this country be completely frustrated, in Jesus’ name.
- Every satanic curse of this nation, fall down to the ground and die, in Jesus’ name.
- By the blood of Jesus, let all sins, ungodliness, idolatry and vices cease in the land, in the name of Jesus.
- I break every evil covenant and dedication made upon our land, in Jesus’ name.
- I plead the blood of Jesus over the nation, in Jesus’ name.
- I decree the will of God for this land, whether the devil likes it or not, in the name of Jesus.
- All contrary powers and authorities in Nigeria, be confounded and be put to shame, in the name of Jesus.
- I close every satanic gate in every city of this country, in Jesus’ name.
- Every evil throne in this country, be dashed to pieces, in Jesus’ name.
- I bind all negative forces operating in the lives of the leaders of this country, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, lay Your hands of fire and power upon all our leaders, in the name of Jesus.
- I bind every blood-drinking demon in this country, in Jesus’ name.
- O Lord, let the Prince of Peace reign in every department of this nation, in the name of Jesus.
- Every anti-gospel spirit, be frustrated and be rendered impotent, in Jesus’ name.
- O Lord, give us leaders who will see their roles as a calling, instead of an opportunity to amass wealth.
- All forms of ungodliness, be destroyed by the divine fire of burning, in Jesus’ name.
- O Lord, let our leaders be filled with divine understanding and wisdom.
- O Lord, let our leaders follow the counsel of God and not of man and demons.
- O Lord, let our leaders have wisdom and knowledge of God.
- O Lord, let our government be the kind that would obtain Your direction and leading.
- Every satanic altar in this country, receive the fire of God and be burned to ashes, in the name of Jesus.
- I silence every satanic prophet, priest and practitioner, in the mighty name of Jesus. I forbid them from interfering with the affairs of this nation, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, cleanse our land from every blood pollution, in the name of Jesus.
- I command the fire of God on all idols, sacrifices, rituals, shrines and local satanic thrones in this country, in Jesus’ name.
- I break any conscious and unconscious agreement made between the people of this country and satan, in Jesus’ name.
- I dedicate and claim all our cities for Jesus, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, let the blessings and presence of the Lord be experienced in all our cities, in the name of Jesus.
- I decree total paralysis on lawlessness, immorality and drug addiction in this country, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let the power, love and glory of God be established in our land, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let there be thirst and hunger for God in the hearts of Christians of this nation, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, deposit the spirit of revival in Nigeria.
- O Lord, lay Your hands of power and might upon the Armed Forces and the Police, all government establishments and institutions, all universities and colleges in this country.
- O Lord, let the resurrection power of the Lord Jesus Christ fall upon our economy, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let there be fruitfulness and prosperity in every area of this country, in the name of Jesus.
- I command every threat to the political, economic and social stability in the land to be paralysed, in the name of Jesus.
- I frustrate every satanic external influence over our nation, in Jesus’ name.
- I command confusion and disagreement among the sons of the bondwoman planning to cage the nation, in Jesus’ name.
- I break any covenant between any satanic external influence and our leaders, in the name of Jesus.
- I paralyse every spirit of wastage of economic resources in this country, in the name of Jesus.
- Spirit of borrowing, depart completely from this country, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, show Yourself mightily in the affairs of this nation.
- Father, let the kingdom of Christ come into this nation, in Jesus’ name.
- O Lord, do new things in our country to show Your power and greatness to the heathen.
- Father, let the kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ come into the heart of every person in this country, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, have mercy upon this nation.
- All the glory of this nation, that has departed, be restored, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, let all un-evangelized areas of this country, be reached with the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, send forth labourers into Your vineyard to reach the unreached in this country.
- I dismantle the stronghold of poverty in this nation, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, install Your agenda for this nation.
- Every power of darkness, operating in our educational institutions, be disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- Satanic representatives of key posts in this country, be dismantled, in Jesus’ name.
- Every evil spiritual throne behind all physical thrones in Nigeria, be dismantled, in the name of Jesus.
- Every satanic covenant, made on behalf of this country by anyone, be nullified, in the name of Jesus.
- I trample upon the serpents and scorpions of ethnic clashes in this country, in the name of Jesus.
- I decree a realignment of the situation around Christians to favour them in this country, in the name of Jesus.
- I dethrone every strange king installed in the spirit over this country, in the name of Jesus.
- All principalities, powers, rulers of darkness and spiritual wickedness in heavenly places, militating against this nation, be bound and disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, let righteousness reign in every part of this nation, in Jesus’ name.
2022 SEVENTY DAYS PRAYER & FASTING PROGRAMME is published by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries Worldwide)
NGDevotionals Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234 (803) 078-0919 OR +234 (817) 363-1657.