Open Heaven For Teens 1 May 2022: Work Now
TOPIC: Work Now [Open Heaven for Teens 1 May 2022]
MEMORISE: I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. John 9:4
READ: 1 Samuel 17:42-46
- And when the Philistine looked about, and saw David, he disdained him: for he was but a youth, and ruddy, and of a fair countenance.
- And the Philistine said unto David, Am I a dog, that thou comest to me with staves? And the Philistine cursed David by his gods.
- And the Philistine said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the field.
- Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
- This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcasses of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Luke 22:51-71, 1 Kings 1-2
One notable difference between a young and an elderly man is their strength. Young people do things with zest while elderly people perform fewer activities. For instance, 30-40 years ago, I could accept many invitations to preach, run 100 miles in sports, visit people, drive long distances to programmes, eat anything I liked, et cetera but now my physical strength is not the same and I have to be extra careful with what I eat. Also, I now prioritize my activities and depend more on the Holy Spirit to strengthen me for the work of the Kingdom. The same was David’s inevitable fate in 1 Kings 1:1 – “Now King David was old and stricken in years; and they covered him with clothes, but he gat no heat.”
This was the same David in today’s Bible reading who was very agile and could carry a giant sword to cut off the head of a 6-foot, 9-inch tall Goliath. This points to one thing: you will not be young forever. Whatever you have to do to achieve success in your academics, career, family and the work of God, please do it now that you are young.
You can achieve a whole lot in your youth.
HYMN: I Am Thine O Lord
- I am Thine, O Lord,
I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise
in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.
Draw me nearer,
nearer blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer,
nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.
- Consecrate me now to
Thy service, Lord,
By the pow’r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up
with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.
- Oh, the pure delight
of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer,
and with Thee, my God
I commune as friend with friend!
- There are depths of love
that I cannot know
Till I cross the narrow sea;
There are heights of joy
that I may not reach
Till I rest in peace with Thee.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.