Open Heaven For Teens 13 May 2022: Lamb To The Slaughter
TOPIC: Lamb To The Slaughter [Open Heaven for Teens 13 May 2022]
MEMORISE: The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth: Acts 8:32
READ: Isaiah 53:3-7
- He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
- Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
- But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
- All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
- He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: John 4:31-54, 2 Kings 6-8
One of the most distinct features of a lamb is its willingness to follow the shepherds leading without question or struggle. Its movement, feeding and direction are controlled by the leader, unlike a goat that is stubborn, not easily submitting to authority. A lambs ability to adapt to leadership endears it to its leader and saves it from many dangers.
The Bible describes Jesus as a Lamb that was led to the slaughter, which means He gave up His life in order to die for the sins of the world without any argument. Even when He had an opportunity to defend Himself or be vindicated of all the accusations levelled against Him, He kept quiet, bore the shame, pain and affliction, just to save you and me.
There are a lot of lessons to be learnt from Jesus as the Lamb of God, one of which is submission, which is a product of humility. It was not easy for Jesus at that time. In fact, He prayed that the cup would pass over Him, but after, He said, Not my will, but Yours Lord. He submitted to the will of God and He was exalted at the end. Submit your life to God completely today so that He can guide you and you will fulfil your destiny like Jesus did.
Surrender all to Jesus, now that you have the chance.
HYMN: IN CHRIST ALONE
- In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
- In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
‘Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
- There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of
- No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life’s first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.