Open Heaven For Teens 18 April 2022: Defeated Forever
TOPIC: Defeated Forever [Open Heaven for Teens 18 April 2022]
MEMORISE: “So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 1 Corinthians 15:54
READ: Luke 24:1-12
- Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
- And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
- And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
- And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
- And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
- He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
- Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
- And they remembered his words,
- And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest.
- It was Mary Magdalene and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles.
- And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not.
- Then arose Peter, and ran unto the sepulchre; and stooping down, he beheld the linen clothes laid by themselves, and departed, wondering in himself at that which was come to pass.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Luke 16:19-31, 1 Samuel 25-26
When Jesus told His disciples in John 14:6 that He is the way, the truth and the life, I am sure they would have been very glad that they were with the right person. The time then came for Him to fulfil purpose. He was tried, crucified and then died. By then, I’m sure the disciples would have felt it was a big mistake to have trusted in Jesus. No wonder they forgot all that He told them about His death. They also forgot all they had done in His name and some of them went back to fishing. However, the disciples later understood Jesus’ victory over death when Mary Magdalene and some women found the tomb empty. In Revelation 1:18 , Jesus said:
“I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.”
Are you scared of death? As a child of God, you shouldnt be, because you have also defeated death forever. Hence, children of God dont die, they sleep and translate into glory to be with the Lord forever in Heaven. This is why I am comforted that when I get to Heaven, I will see my son again.
Children of God dont die, they sleep and become translated into glory.
HYMNAL: IN CHRIST ALONE
- In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
- In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
‘Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
- There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of
- No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life’s first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.