Open Heaven For Teens 28 April 2022: Evangelism By Signs
TOPIC: Evangelism By Signs [Open Heaven for Teens 28 April 2022]
MEMORISE: How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. Acts 10:38
READ: Acts 1:8-11
- But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
- And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
- And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
- Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Luke 21:20-38 , 2 Samuel 19-20
One of the reasons for Christ’s outstanding success in His lifetime and ministry was the presence of God. Since He said we would do greater works than He did, He expects that we would record more successes. This is because of the greater miracles God would perform through us. For example, let’s assume that one of your friends is suffering from depression as a result of his parent’s medical condition and you followed him to the hospital to lay hands on the sick parent. A day after, you got a call that the parent had been healed and your friend’s depression had vanished. Don’t you think that many other patients would ask that you pray for them too? That would definitely present an opportunity to preach to them.
Beloved, I charge you to do something that would affect your school, family and community positively by the power of the Holy Ghost. Preach the gospel, exercise your faith and signs, as well as wonders, will follow you.
Go on aggressive evangelism to a hospital this month to pray for the sick and preach to them.
HYMN: MUST I GO AND EMPTY HANDED
- Must I go and empty-handed,
Thus my dear Redeemer meet?
Not one day of service give Him,
Lay no trophy at His feet?
“Must I go and empty-handed?”
Must I meet my Saviour so?
Not one soul with which to greet Him,
Must I empty-handed go?
- Not at death I shrink or falter,
For my Saviour saves me now;
But to meet Him empty-handed,
Thought of that now clouds my
- Oh, the years in sinning wasted,
Could I but recall them now,
I would give them to my Saviour,
To His will I’d gladly bow.
- Oh, ye saints, arouse, be earnest,
Up and work while yet ’tis day;
Ere the night of death o’er take
Strive for souls while still you may.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.