Open Heaven For Teens 30 April 2022: Self-Control
TOPIC: Self-Control [Open Heaven for Teens 30 April 2022]
MEMORISE: And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 1 Corinthians 9:25
READ: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
- Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
- And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
- I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
- But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Luke 22:31-71, 2 Samuel 23-24
When I started out on the ministry journey, I asked God to anoint me so mightily for His work and He responded, Son, before I can grant your request, be ready to bring your body under subjection. If I anoint you now, you must never get angry to say evil words. Today, people wonder how I turn deaf ears to insults, especially from social media; its because I cannot joke with Gods anointing over my life. I cannot afford to lose the anointing.
For God to use you, you must possess the fruit of the Spirit called temperance which is also known as self-control. The flesh is an enemy whose duty is to prevent you from pleasing God and you must make conscious efforts to prevent that. Some young people throw tantrums easily when provoked. This will only peg their spiritual growth. You can master your emotions and control your reactions through the help of the Holy Spirit. Ask for His help. Also, be deliberate about your study of the word of God and make conscious efforts to obey His instructions.
The next time you’re provoked, don’t talk; rather, start humming a worship song.
HYMN: MUST I GO AND EMPTY HANDED
- Must I go and empty-handed,
Thus my dear Redeemer meet?
Not one day of service give Him,
Lay no trophy at His feet?
“Must I go and empty-handed?”
Must I meet my Saviour so?
Not one soul with which to greet Him,
Must I empty-handed go?
- Not at death I shrink or falter,
For my Saviour saves me now;
But to meet Him empty-handed,
Thought of that now clouds my brow.
- Oh, the years in sinning wasted,
Could I but recall them now,
I would give them to my Saviour,
To His will I’d gladly bow.
- Oh, ye saints, arouse, be earnest,
Up and work while yet ’tis day;
Ere the night of death o’er take thee,
Strive for souls while still you may.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.