Open Heaven For Teens 7 April 2022: Money In Fish?
TOPIC: Money In Fish? [Open Heaven for Teens 7 April 2022]
MEMORISE: In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury. Proverbs 14:23
READ: Matthew 17:24-27
- And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?
- He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?
- Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.
- Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.
In many countries, children of eighteen years and above are believed to be adults and are treated as such. They are given certain privileges and responsibilities to handle by virtue of the age they’ve attained. We live in times when young people want to make it big without much stress, they look for money and fame through fraud, lottery, wishful thinking and other easy-to-get means.
Are you looking for a legitimate source of income apart from what parents or relatives give you? Go fishing! When you catch fish and sell them, you will make money. ‘Fish’ here refers to a means of livelihood which could come in the form of products to sell or services to be rendered. This is the reason many secondary/high schools and tertiary institutions have introduced entrepreneurship and vocational skills into their curriculum so that teenagers can be taught how to turn their passion and skills into profit-making ventures before or after they leave school.
I saw a documentary about an African girl who uses coconut shells to produce accessories and interior decor items. Another boy started recycling empty bottles and waste into good products. Take time to discover yourself and create a small business around what you love doing.
Discuss your business ideas with a mentor today and seek counsel on how to begin as soon as possible.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Luke 11:1-54 , Judges 20-21
HYMN 8: Lead Us Heavenly Father
- Lead us, heavenly Father, lead us
o’er the world’s tempestuous sea;
guard us, guide us, keep us, feed us,
for we have no help but Thee;
yet possessing every blessing,
if our God our Father be.
- Saviour, breathe forgiveness o’er us:
all our weakness Thou dost know;
Thou didst tread this earth before us,
Thou didst feel its keenest woe;
lone and dreary, faint and weary,
through the desert Thou didst go.
- Spirit of our God, descending,
fill our hearts with heavenly joy,
love with every passion blending,
pleasure that can never cloy:
thus provided, pardoned, guided,
nothing can our peace destroy.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.