The Way Into Spiritual Power (V) By Dr. D.K Olukoya
THE MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLE MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE
TOPIC: THE WAY INTO SPIRITUAL POWER (V)
ANCHORED SCRIPTURES: ECCLESIASTES 8:4
MINISTER: DR. DANIEL OLUKOYA (G.O MFM WORLDWIDE)
Power is resident where the word of a king is. There is something called “pressure point”. The pressure point is an area to push you into escalating your prayers, to push you into a position to acquire power that will help you to fight the battles of life. That pressure point is what many of us call “problems” but the agenda of those things 99.9% of the time is to push us into the arena of power. Some would not be as strong as they are now, if not for the incessant attacks of the enemy.
That is why God trains His warriors in the crucible of trouble so that with that trouble, they become strong. No wonder, that parable that Jesus told says “I gave you talent, but you went and hid it. The servant said ‘I know that thou art a hard man and you reap where you did not sow, therefore I kept the talent away’”. One interesting thing is this, the Master did not dispute what he said. He agreed that He was a hard man. It is in the school of that hard men that you gather strength. He wants you to be strong. God allows you to be harassed, because He wants you to be strong.
I am praying for somebody here today: The power that cannot be reproached, the power that cannot be insulted, the power that cannot be pulled down, receive that power in the name of Jesus!
What is Spiritual Power? Spiritual power is:
- having the ability to control circumstances to your benefit.
- God’s energy in your life displayed in mysterious ways.
- the supernatural power of God.
- the ability to do things beyond the imagination of men.
- divine current passed unto believers.
- the ability to do what they say is impossible for man.
- the ability to operate in the realm of the extraordinary.
- empowerment from God.
- a holy energy.
- receiving a force that is above and beyond nature.
More than at any other time beloveth, we need that power. You and I need to be able to speak words when there are powers to be wasted. We need to able to speak with power and waste them. When there are powers to be bound, we need to speak with power and bind them. When there are things to loose, we need to have words of power to loose them.
I am praying for somebody here today: the power to bind and to loose, receive that power here today, in the name of Jesus.
So more than at any other time, we need that power now. Sister you need it. Brother you need it. You need that power now. Business people are now becoming occultic. So many are enlisting with strange powers. We need to disgrace those powers. The only language the enemy understands is violence. The only thing the enemy respects is power. And wherever there is a lesser power fighting a greater power, the lesser power must bow. The foundation of bondage is powerlessness. If somebody is caging you it is because he is more powerful than you are.
But the tragedy is this: when your enemy is stronger than you, he may waste you. The beautiful thing about spiritual power is that it has no respect for age. But power with men proceeds from power with God. And ultimate power is from God Himself. This is a very serious matter and you need to understand this. There is a white man’s saying that “it does not worry a fox, how many sheep are facing him” because he will scatter all of them.
I am praying for somebody here: the power to trample upon every serpent and scorpion assigned against your life, receive that power, in the name of Jesus.
Now let us look at seven sources in scriptures by which you can derive power.
- The first source of power is the Word of God (Hebrews 4:12). The more you know the Word of God, the more you meditate on scripture, the more you memorise scriptures, the more powerful you are. So all these memory verses we are giving are to empower you. The devil came to Jesus, Jesus replied with “It is written” and he was helpless. He tried again two more times and he retreated. So that power of “it is written” was able to keep the devil at the back.
- The gospel (Romans 1:16). Peter told those people “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” The preaching of the cross is a source of power. (1 Corinthians 1:18).
- Prayer (James 5:16-17). Elijah prayed that it should not rain. Then he prayed again that rain should fall. The more you pray, the more you discover. The more you discover, the more revelation you are going to have. The more revelation you have, the more successful you become. So prayer is a master key to power.
- The blood of Jesus (Revelation 12:11). You overcome by the blood of the lamb.
- The Holy Ghost (Acts 1:8). That is why it is a tragedy when you are coming to a place like this and you are not filled with the Holy Ghost, you do not pray in tongues , you need to take it seriously and be baptised with that power. If you say you are a Christian and you do not have the Holy Ghost, you are like a trunkless elephant, and the enemy will just be messing you around.
- The power of resurrection (Philippians 3:10). Maybe now you understand why we sing “The Resurrection power, work miracles in my life, today today, work miracles in my life; the Resurrection power, work miracles in my life, today today, work miracles in my life”. It is because of this. There is power in the Resurrection.
- Holiness and brokenness (Isaiah 57:15). Without brokenness, there can be no real spiritual power in the life of a Christian. When you are broken, you listen to God 100% and do whatever He asks you to do without argument. Brokenness can be painful and humiliating but it is the only way. Unbroken people who come to church get easily possessed by bad spirits. This is a tragedy beloveth. Many of us give so little room to work in our lives. Brokenness is to allow access to God to work in every area of your life.
A proud person is useless to God as cosmetics are useless to a corpse. God wants holy people and broken people. Sin is a personal destroyer. When you are committing sin, you are installmentally destroying yourself. When you conform to a sick society, you become sick. And the way up is down — to humble yourself and become broken so that whatever God brings, you do not refuse to do it. Study your Bible very well. Those broken people are the ones He promotes. When Peter denied Jesus after the cock crew three times, and Jesus looked at him, the Bible says Peter broke down and cried.
He was a broken man. No wonder God used him so mightily at the beginning of the Acts of the Apostles.
[Before Message]Power from on high, I am available, overshadow my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Fire of favour that cannot be quenched, possess me now, in the name of Jesus.
- My glory, hear the Word of the Lord, get out of the room of battle, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers holding wicked meetings against me, destroy yourselves, in the name of Jesus.
- No matter my background, O God arise, and make me great, in the name of Jesus!
- Powers that hate my existence, expire, in the name of Jesus.
- Wherever my blessings are tied down, Holy Ghost Fire, release them now, in the name of Jesus.
- Strong man, stubborn pursuer, your time is up, die in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Ghost Power, I am available, overshadow my life, in the name of Jesus.
NGDevotionals Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234 (803) 078-0919 OR +234 (817) 363-1657.